We believe to help your child it is a partnership between Students, Parents, School and Community. By helping now we are investing in our future. These children are the future.
Here are some practical ways you can help your child:
- Talk to your child, ask how their day has been and what they have done in school today. Discuss the highs and lows of the day. Spend time talking about important issues e.g. being responsible, fairness, respect, and trust.
- Check your Class Charts via the parents app or website and encourage completion of homework. A regular time slot during the evening is beneficial. Help them, by providing a quiet place and time to study. Remind them to check completed work, ask them whether they have included everything the task required?
- Encourage them to access their Class Charts either by the student app or website. They can also use their school diary. Remind them to write in all homework set. This helps them with organisation skills, being able to prioritise tasks set. Please look at both Class Charts and the diary yourselves as this is one of the ways we communicate with you and you with us.
- Help your child get organised the night before to ensure your child develops the habit of coming to school fully equipped with: bag, stationery, diary planner, timetable, correct books, PE kit. Again this helps with organisation skills.
- Encourage full attendance. Always send a letter, make a note in your child’s diary or telephone to authorise any absences.
- Celebrate your child’s successes, through praise and rewards. You can do this by accessing your Class Charts to see a live feed to your child’s behaviour and achievements throughout the school day.
- Discuss the importance of effort and having a ‘can do’ attitude.
REMEMBER WE CAN’T DO IT WITHOUT YOU. YOUR SUPPORT IS VITAL TO YOUR CHILD.